Here it is:
Hey there N,
I have a couple of questions regarding the Metroid 25th Anniversary. OH wait, let me remind you what that is. It is the 25th Anniversary of one of your best series of all time and you guys choose to TOTALLY IGNORE IT. I patiently waited for over a month to see if you would do SOMETHING to recognize this, but alas, nothing happened. Yet, let's look back at the other anniversaries you've had. Mario 25th Anniversary: Special Red Wii, Special Anniversary Edition games, multitude of announcements. Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary: Huge events, Zelda game remakes, contests, Club Nintendo stuff, etc. What about METROID, probably a better game franchise than Zelda, and you don't do anything! So, here is my question. WHAT'S UP?! Why do you choose to ignore this games' anniversary of 25 years of success. (aside from Other M) All the fans recognize it, here's a few examples of major game blogs/sites: IGN: http://wii.ign.com/articles/118/1186531p1.html?cmpid=rss-games, NeoGAF: http://neogaf.net/forum/showthread.php?t=439949, GamePro: http://www.gamepro.com/article/features/221705/launch-date-metroid-25th-anniversary/, IGN again: http://ds.ign.com/articles/118/1186527p1.html, 1UP: http://www.1up.com/news/metroid-turns-25-blog-about-favorite-metroid-memories, and Ninten- wait NEVERMIND. You should be ashamed, very ashamed. Right now, I am extremely pissed off at Nintendo. It does not help the fact that one of your Nintendo representatives called me stupid for inquiring about a new Metroid game at PAX Prime 2011. I know that you guys will probably ignore this email and I will get some crap answer like, "We appreciate your concern and will inquire about this to the higher-ups soon." If you do end up reading this, then in the response, no matter what you say, put a smiley face, then I will know you actually read this email. If not, I will not hesitate to send more emails, and eventually find out the emails of certain individuals. If you had any kind of decency, you would notify Yoshio Sakamoto, or some higher up personnel and bring up this concern I can assure you A LOT of fans have. I really don't want the Metroid series to die, I know you can make amazing games. I grew up on Nintendo and do not want to have to lose faith in you. Please, please recognize one of your best game franchises of all time.
Sincerely,
A Concerned Metroid Fan"
Angry fans are angry
Metroid Prime Trilogy Collector's Edition
Metroid
Metroid: Zero Mission
Metroid II
Metroid Fusion
No comments:
Post a Comment